Real Estate Compensation Claims

The world of real estate can be a high-stakes game. However, if you have recently invested a sum of money into a real estate deal that has gone wrong, you may be able to go to court to claim compensation. This article explains how a lawyer can help you to fight for compensation. Read on to discover more!

When might you be entitled to compensation?

There are many ways you may be entitled to compensation if a real estate deal has gone wrong. You might have entered into an agreement with another party, but they later failed to complete their part of the deal or your agreement was breached by one of the other parties involved. For example, your landlord promised to carry out repairs on your property, but they were not completed. Another example would be construction work that was completed without the required building permissions — meaning that you cannot sell your property. If you are unsure if you have a case, you should speak to a lawyer.

How do you claim compensation?

When it comes to claiming compensation, you will need to start a civil action against the other party for damages. A lawyer can help you to file the necessary paperwork at a court. They can also help you to assess the type of damages you are claiming. Damages can relate to lost income or time, emotional stress, inconvenience or any other financial losses you may have.

During the legal process, your lawyer can work on your behalf in court and protect your interests. It is also common for lawyers to handle all communications between the two parties, ensuring that no sensitive information is leaked, especially regarding existing relationships or ongoing deals. They will also ensure that your voice is heard loud and clear during proceedings and ensure that you are represented fairly.

If you win, how is your money paid?

If the court approves your compensation claim, then your lawyer will help recover the amount you are owed. They can do this by issuing a 'claim form' against the other party. If they fail to pay up, your lawyer may be able to apply for an 'injunction', meaning that the court will freeze assets until they have paid out what they owe.

If you would like more information, you should contact a compensation lawyer today. They will be happy to discuss your case and to provide further assistance.

403 Words

About Me

Conveyancing for the Golden Years I always knew the importance of conveyancing when buying a home (and I once pulled out of a sale after conveyancing brought a nearby upcoming massive road widening scheme to my attention). I didn’t know it was so vital when moving into a retirement community too, but my brothers and sisters and I thought we should investigate this when moving our parents into a retirement villa. The way in which the villa was paid for (lease or purchase), the future plans of the overall community, the way it’s managed… We had no idea that all these things needed to be considered. This is why a resource that helps with conveyancing for retirees was so darn useful. Whether it’s for yourself or for your parents, you want these golden years to be as comfortable and stress-free as possible.




Latest Posts

Real Estate Compensation Claims
1 December 2021
The world of real estate can be a high-stakes game. However, if you have recently invested a sum of money into a real estate deal that has gone wrong,

The Benefits Of Hiring A Compensation Lawyer
27 October 2020
Do you have a pending workers' compensation claim? An experienced workers' compensation lawyer can help you secure fair compensation from your insuran

Could an Easement Disturb Your Peace When You Buy a New Property?
12 May 2020
If you want to buy a certain property, have had a good look at the building and are perfectly happy with the location, you may be keen to proceed as e